Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Understanding Americans

I just cant imagine half the things that run through american's heads.

All today, I have been bombarded by raging idiots.

Driving to meet up with a friend, I get stuck behind someone who i guess finds it amusing to drive 15 MPH less than the speed limit. How ignorant?! What if someone is running late for work, or needs to get home where there kid is alone or the babysitter has to leave?! What the hell has become of America? 

That is just the beginning.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people drive and talk on their phones. OMG! Is talking really so important that you have to hold the phone up with your shoulder, thus eliminating 20% of you turning capability? I think driving and talking on your phone should be illegal. (Unless you have a headset device such as a bluetooth.) I personally have one, and I use it while driving. It's safer, and not to mention, HANDS FREE so I can focus on driving, since your car is considered a deadly weapon if you do hit someone.  

FUCKING THINK PEOPLE!

In Port Orange, there is this shopping center that is designed after a European style market. Open mall areas, parking all around, beautiful landscapes and such. It's a shame that this is america and no on has appreciation for learning how to properly use a 'ROUNDABOUT'. It is a fairly simple concept that is EASY to follow! You drive up to the opening, yeild as you enter, and continue until you reach your desired exit, and exit. It is so easy, I am sure a toddler could do it. Check this:

Now, if american's can not do this, how are they supposed to do this:

This is Swindon's Magic Roundabout, in Wiltshire, England.

In the long run, I have concluded:
Roundabouts in the US = EPIC FAIL

So, driving home, I notice that someone has managed to somehow drive down into a roadside ditch and flip their car over. This could be caused by one of the following:

1. Person was texting on their phone and veered off into the ditch
2. Someone went to switch lanes and didn't see her, and she had no where else to go
3. Eating food and forgot to pay attention
(No matter what, it's because someone was ignorant)
So, I finally make it home, and what has happened!?

Some, idiot, has parked in our driveway. Don't know who, but I got inside and asked if the car is his rental and he said no, so I go outside and look at the car. I was going to leave a note on the car ... "Really?!" But he got all huffy and saying if they are temperamental that they will vandalize our house. I highly doubt it. But I ended up getting him to walk over and ask them to move their car. If it was there for 30 more minutes, I would have had it towed. I am sorry, but for you to park in someone elses driveway?! I mean, how RUDE?!

No comments:

Post a Comment