Friday, May 27, 2011

It's A Tough Thing

Hello to all,

So I figured I'd let you all in on what going on right now.

School recently finished for me and I began a new chapter of my life. Finals came and I studied and passed my finals and classes with A's! And then, Graduation! I got my A.A.S. for Event Planning. It's been a pleasure to be in Daytona studying and making so many new friends. I love you all!

For the past year or so, I've been planning on moving out to the Baton Rouge area in Louisiana to start out fresh. I have a friend here and he helped me plan out a job and a place to live, my friend and I were going to date and he wanted to take care of me and everything. And things went according to plan ... Until I got here. The job that I had planned for didn't pan out, the position was filled. The place I was staying was okay, but I just feel as if as I don't belong here. The feeling I've been getting is a lot like homesickness, depressed, I feel too far away from home, and this feeling got me to sitting down and thinking things over.

I've been so excited to get here and start things out with my boy friend that I had overlooked all the things that I needed to do. I started thinking and I realized that I need to focus on school, and bettering myself. I promised my parents that I would at least obtain an A.A. degree and better myself. True, I do have an A.A.S. but that isn't what I promised. So here is where all the interesting things come into play.

I'm moving back to Florida within the next week or so, and I will be attending Santa Fe College for my A.A. degree. After obtaining the A.A., and pending on what is happening at the time, I would like to apply to the University of Florida for their Marketing program. (I may look at other schools later on as well.)

And it is as I told my father, "I need to do what I need to before I do what I want to do." I also remember mentioning that "I'd followed my desires rather than my heart." There is so much that I wanted and I would love for everything I want to come true, but before I can do that, I need to better myself and make sure that I can take care of myself before I can expect anyone else to do the same for me.

This has been an interesting opportunity for me to learn about how life throws curve balls at you. You want to hit the ball as best as you can, but you have to prepare for whatever is pitched at you. I'm keeping my mind open and learning as I go, and in that, I can say I am living and learning.

-- Ryan (Ross) DuPree --

No comments:

Post a Comment